001 Cotton Jacket
A beautifully cut and fantastically versatile jacket.
Our heavy, black cotton jacket can be worn buttoned and belted up against the wind or with the collar open and belt removed for a more 'shacket’ like look.
The saddle shoulders keep the shape soft and let the sleeves slide smoothly over the wearer’s arms when stretching for the bars. A little stretch in the fabric further improves comfort and fit.
The back is cut to cover your bottom when riding, and the cuffs can be turned down and the belt turned over to reveal reflective prints that sing out in the face of car headlights.
- Made from 97% organic cotton and 3% degradable elastane
- Pre-washed to minimise colour rubbing and shrinking
- Designed in the UK, made in Romania
- Size range at launch: UK 6-18, join the waitlist for other sizes
Our initial production runs are very limited but we will set up a waitlist for the next batch when we sell out.
Thanks to POC Sports and Grenson Shoes for the helmets and shoes.
Designed for cycling
We set out to design a jacket that would work in the office, at home and at play. We wanted it to look simple and clean but it had to be versatile too, and it had, of course, to work on the bike.
We did not set out to make a jacket that was fully waterproof. For now, you're still going to need to don your Gore-tex over the top if you wish to head out in heavy rain. We are working on other material options but genuinely sustainable fabrics that are both weatherproof and breathable are still very hard to find, and those that do exist command a hefty price.
- The belt can be worn multiple ways, with hidden belt loops which are invisible when the jacket is worn without
- The belt can also be turned over to show the reflective patterns whilst riding.
- The scoop profile cuffs can be folded down to cover the wrist whilst riding, and also to reveal their reflective patterns
- The saddle shoulders have been very carefully designed to ensure that the arms are not restricted and the shoulders don't ride up when cycling
- A little stretch in the fabric further improves comfort and fit
- The convertible collar ensures the jacket looks equally good with one button open and showing a lapel, or when fully buttoned up and with collar raised on a chilly ride home
- It's cut longer at the back to ensure full coverage when riding and has a flattering cut out side profile that provides extra room in the hips when pedalling
- Two deep outside front pockets keep contents firmly in place and readily accessible
- Buttons made from sustainably grown Corozo nut – the ‘vegetable ivory’ of the plant world
- Candiani denim (Italy): 97% GOTS certified organic cotton, 3% Roica V550 degradable elastane
- Courtney & Co buttons (UK): OEKO TEX-100 certified Corozo buttons
- Avery Dennison (Norway) reflectivity: OEKO-TEX 100 certified and Avery Dennison is certified Eco-Lighthouse
For additional information on the components listed, please click through to our sustainability information or contact us.
Size & Fit
Sizing is key to getting a garment that fits you the way you want it to. Please check our Jacket size and fit guide. We only make a few garments in each production run, so we may be unable to exchange for another size if we have run out of stock.
Please contact us here or via live chat if you have any questions re fit or sizing.
Collection 001 offers only sizes UK 6-18, if you're interested in other sizes, please add your details to our waitlist.
Wash as infrequently as you feel comfortable with. Wash inside out and with dark colours. Try to avoid bio detergents and those that include phosphates. Do not iron the reflective print (even on the reverse of the fabric).
- Machine wash at max 30 degrees C
- Do not bleach
- Cool iron
- Do not tumble dry
I loved the jeans so much I decided to invest in a jacket as well and was not disappointed! Super comfy with just enough stretch, designed for cyclists, but I wear mine all the time. You can tell a lot of thought has gone into the design, and I love the environmental ethos of the company too.
Soft and hard-wearing the jacket is cut to perfection, flexing to the rider on the bike while looking great off it. No need to change into civvies when you reach your destination.
The length also means there‘s no booty call when. you’re “on the rivet” 😳!
And a few reflective details make for a safer ride in the night - and they fold away when you don’t need to stand out!