Sustainability: Impact & Reporting
One of our core ambitions is to be transparent about our impact and work towards positive impacts on community and the environment. We approach this in the following ways:
- Vaela certified and rated by credible independent third party organisations
- Reporting our impact transparently, online, annually
- Donating 2% of revenue to charity
Vaela Code of Conduct, supporting policies, guidance, certification certificates and other relevant information can be found here.
Certification and ratings
Vaela is a Certified B Corporation. As a B Corp, we’re part of a global community of businesses that meet high standards of social and environmental impact.
B Corporations are for-profit businesses that commit to having a positive impact on society and their environment. To become a B Corporation, we have been through a rigorous certification process that measures our social and environmental performance.In August 2023:
- Vaela is a certified B Corp with a score of 105.7, click here
- Certifications for materials in 001 Collection, click here
2% of our revenue is donated annually, to support impactful organisations that tackle issues close to our hearts, and those of our customers and partners. Do please contact us if you would like to know more or would like recommend charity or social enterprise for us to consider.
For our first year of trading (financial year end September 2022), we made a donation of £75 to The Bike Project.
In 2023 we supported The Bike Project for “Ride London 100” – we had a team of 8 people raising money for this charity, and raised over £8,500.
Our goals for 2023:
- Become a Certified B Corporation
- Be rated by “Good on You”
- £ total charitable donation by Vaela
- £ total raised for The Bike Project by Vaela team for Ride London 100
- #total and #women of refugees supported by The Bike Project and their Pedal Power initiative
For more information on these aspects, click here.
Please contact us for more information.